Thursday 27 February 2014

FAITH AS GOD IN OUR DOUBTS.

I read from olaolubee.wordpress.com recently and his words on disbelief struck a cord with me.

Hebrew 11:1 says ‘Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen’

And the Bible says without faith it is impossible to please God.

I began to think and certain things came to me.

Moses at the beginning of the greatest ministry of his life expressed doubt like no other. First He places doubt in himself and then passes the doubt to God by asking who I would say sent me. So much so God had to send Him along with Aaron (Exodus 3 and 4).

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego did the same when they said to Nebuchadnezzar even if God does not save us we will not bow down to the image which you have created (Daniel 3).

Jeremiah at the beginning of his ministry expressed doubt when He said he was only a child (Jeremiah 1)

And above all Jesus came and said God please let this cup pass over me but nevertheless let your will be done (Matt 26:36-42).

So even Jesus can be said to have expressed doubt but we find that the difference is Faith in God’s will.

So how does this apply to us today? We are men and so long as we are present in this body, there will always be doubts because our natural man always sees the circumstances surrounding us. The question is where is our heart?

The heart is the heart of the matter.

Moses expressed his faith as soon as he began to see himself go and do the assignment and began to ask about the various problems he might encounter, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego expressed faith when they said God is able to deliver them, Jeremiah’s faith was expressed as soon as he told God I am a child, Jesus did when He said let Your will be done. They all had their heart set on obeying God.

At the centre of faith is obedience to God, Faith is not the absence of doubts, it is as Peter puts ‘it casting all your cares upon Him for He cares for you’.

Faith says I know this is impossible but I know my God is able so I’ll do it anyway because it is what God wants me to do. Note that Faith focuses on the ability of God to do all things so it helps us rise above the doubts that we have.

Faith sees all weaknesses and the impossibilities and transfers all that doubt to God because Faith knows and understands the sovereignty of God in all situations.


So, the next time you go before God, go with your doubts and even tell God those doubts and watch Him turn your every doubt into Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GREATEST LOVE (GIFT) OF ALL

“Behold, what manner of love the Father has given unto us that we should be called the sons of God” - I John 3:1 John was so fascinated by...